My name is Alan Hensley. My wife Kristin and I are so blessed to be able to lead Rooted! We are pumped about all that God is doing in Rooted. We have been blessed to be seeing God change lives through Rooted since we moved here in 2016.
A LITTLE HISTORY ON ALAN: (FACEBOOK FRIEND ME)
I grew up in a small town in Colorado named Alamosa. Growing up in a place with little to do I learned quickly that having fun doesn’t equivalate with where you are at, but more so with who you are around. Having fun is what I like to do. Whether that would be quality time with my wife, being outdoors, or eating tacos, fun is always essential. My freshman year of college I attended a college ministry in Fort Collins, Colorado. During this time, the Lord really began to get ahold of me and my life was changed. Ever since then I have known that I wanted to give my life to sharing the gospel. I’ve really loved my time with Rooted so far and I’m excited for what’s to come!
A LITTLE HISTORY ON KRISTIN:(FACEBOOK FRIEND ME!)
I grew up in Colorado Springs, CO in a great Christian home. I always loved God, but I didn’t allow Him to be Lord over my life until I was in high school. After working at a summer camp in college, I knew that I wanted to do ministry full time. And here I am! God is awesome! I love game nights and eating desserts, so college ministry is a blast for me. Can’t wait to meet you all!
Ruelon is a resent graduate from Fort Lewis College who has decided to dedicate a season of his life to disciple students who attend Rooted.
One of our goals in Rooted is to help raise up the next generation of Christian leaders.
Our Student Leadership team is made up of Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors who are ready to help lead others in growing in their faith. We value growing & equipping our leaders, simplicity, and opportunities within our leadership team.
Growing & Equipping
We will have a monthly leadership meeting where we will spend time learning together. These monthly leadership meetings will consist of a meal together, a time of learning, small groups, and prayer.
Each leadership team member will be a part of one of our four leadership teams. Each leadership team will meet as they need throughout the semester to help create culture and lead within the Rooted community. The following are the opportunities you have to lead within Rooted.
- Worship: This team gives leadership to the worship culture in Rooted and connecting students in relationship with God.
- Connect: This team is over connections with new students and fostering community through event planning.
- Grow: This team gives direction and support for helping students grow in their faith through small groups, discipleship relationships, and events.
- Send: This team helps grow students through service within Rooted, outreach to our Fort Lewis, on local mission trips, and international mission trips.
The leadership team commits to:
- Being active in the Rooted Community, committing to Thursday night worship and other Rooted activities
- Living above reproach, committing to our leadership covenant (view here)
- Attend Fall/Winter Retreat
- Leadership Academy (1 hr. per week)
- Bible Study (1.5 hrs. per week)
- Meet up with one student (1 hr. per week- 2nd semester only is an option)
- 1 on 1 discipleship (1 hr. per week)
- Service (1 hr. per week)
- Rooted (1.5 hr. per week)
Please fill out the following application if you are interested in applying to be on the Student Leadership Team.