My name is Zack Esgar. My wife Kelsey and I are so blessed to be able to lead Rooted! And of course. We love being outdoors, playing silly games, and meeting new people. We are pumped about all that God is doing in Rooted. We have been blessed to be seeing God change lives through Rooted since we moved here in 2012.
A LITTLE HISTORY ON ZACK:(FACEBOOK FRIEND ME!)
I grew up on the other side of our state over in the small town Wiley, CO. I am super thankful that God has finally brought me to the beautiful side of Colorado where there is actually mountains and not just tumble weeds. All that is in me loves the mountains and the outdoors. I enjoy hiking, rock climbing, snowboarding, sand volleyball, biking and just about anything else outdoors! Yet, for some reason I wound up in Lubbock Texas at Texas Tech University. Growing up in a town of 400 I thought I had to know each of the 30,000 students in college… To say the least I love meeting new people and can’t wait to meet all of you. I graduated with a degree in Management Information Systems. Simply put, I enjoy building websites. I have spent five years in college ministry at the Wesley Foundation at Texas Tech, a Methodist campus ministry. I spent a year in an intensive intern program trying to learn all I could about college ministry. It is here that God really placed a passion in my heart to reach out to young adults and college age students. College and young adults are at a stage in life where they are really figuring out their faith and making big life decisions. I love walking with students in this time of their lives helping them discover their faith.
A LITTLE HISTORY ON KELSEY:(FACEBOOK FRIEND ME!)
I grew up in Austin, TX. I enjoy playing sports and being active. I love hanging out and talking about life. I went to Texas Tech University where I got a Bachelors in Health Care Administration. My time in college was amazing. Most of my experience revolved around the Christian community I was a part of at the Wesley Foundation. My years in college ministry changed my life and I am excited to see what God has in store for Rooted this next year. God has really placed a passion inside both of us for Durango!
Full Time Intern
Full Time Intern
One of our goals in Rooted is to help raise up the next generation of Christian leaders.
Our Student Leadership team is made up of Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors who are ready to help lead others in growing in their faith. We value growing & equipping our leaders, simplicity, and opportunities within our leadership team.
Growing & Equipping
We will have a monthly leadership meeting where we will spend time learning together. These monthly leadership meetings will consist of a meal together, a time of learning, small groups, and prayer.
Each leadership team member will be a part of one of our four leadership teams. Each leadership team will meet as they need throughout the semester to help create culture and lead within the Rooted community. The following are the opportunities you have to lead within Rooted.
- Worship: This team gives leadership to the worship culture in Rooted and connecting students in relationship with God.
- Connect: This team is over connections with new students and fostering community through event planning.
- Grow: This team gives direction and support for helping students grow in their faith through small groups, discipleship relationships, and events.
- Send: This team helps grow students through service within Rooted, outreach to our Fort Lewis, on local mission trips, and international mission trips.
The leadership team commits to:
- Being active in the Rooted Community, committing to Thursday night worship and other Rooted activities
- Living above reproach, committing to our leadership covenant (view here)
- Attend Fall/Winter Retreat
- Leadership Academy (1 hr. per week)
- Bible Study (1.5 hrs. per week)
- Meet up with one student (1 hr. per week- 2nd semester only is an option)
- 1 on 1 discipleship (1 hr. per week)
- Service (1 hr. per week)
- Rooted (1.5 hr. per week)
Please fill out the following application if you are interested in applying to be on the Student Leadership Team.