- He gives us hope and peace during difficult times (Rom. 14:17, 15:13, 1 Thess. 1:6).
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Rom. 15:13)
- He gives us strength and endurance during trials (Eph. 3:16).
“I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being…” (Eph 3:16)
- He brings conviction (John 16:8, 1 Thes. 1:5).
“When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment…” (John 16:8)
- He provides power over temptation (Galatians 5:16).
“So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature.” (Gal. 5:16)
- He grows us into holiness (1 Pet. 1:2)
“…[you] have been chosen… through the sanctifying work of the Spirit.” (1 Pet. 1:2)
- He helps us pray (Rom. 8:26-27, Eph. 6:18, Jude 20)
“We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.” (Rom. 8:26-27)
- He gives wisdom for decision making (Eph. 1:17)
“I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom…” (Eph. 1:17)
- He provides understanding of God’s Word (1 Cor. 2:9-16).
“But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth.” (John 16:13)
- He gives us the right words to speak about God (Acts 1:8).
“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)
- He gives us spiritual gift(s) (1 Corinthians 12:7, Heb. 2:4).
“Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.” (1 Cor. 12:7) 16. He frees us from the letter of the law and gives us the spirit of the law (2 Cor. 3:16-18). “But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. (2 Cor 3:16-18)
- He grows within us the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and selfcontrol. Against such things there is no law.” (Gal 5:22-23)
- Teaches, Leads, Guides, Advocates, Helps, Comforts (John 14)(Romans 5:3-5)
“But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative—that is, the Holy Spirit—he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you. “I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid. 28 Remember what I told you: I am going away, but I will come back to you again. If you really loved me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father, who is greater than I am(John 14:26-28)